Who is Hireup?
Winner of the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2017, Hireup is an innovative, for-purpose, for-profit, tech scaleup driven by a desire to achieve real and revolutionary change for Australians with disability.
Founded by Jordan and Laura O'Reilly in early 2015 and based in Sydney, Hireup is a trusted online platform and community for people with disability and their families to find, hire and manage support workers that fit their needs and share their interests. Users join our peer-to-peer network to search for people in their local area. They can privately message and book each other online, while we take care of administrative functions such as comprehensive insurance cover, superannuation, tax, payroll and employer compliance. By removing the agency “middleman”, Hireup is 25 per cent cheaper than the traditional model and as such has saved over $7.4m for its users.
At Hireup, we understand the important role technology, and specifically, digital product plays in connecting people. For us, it’s not only about creating the most elegant, intuitive, accessible and powerful peer-to-peer platform in Australia, but to ensure we are building an efficient and lean model that maximises choice and control for both Australians living with a disability and their support workers.
Being a purpose-led organisation with over 30,000 registered users in communities all across Australia and over 100 staff at Hireup HQ, we promote a culture defined by its humanity, diversity, curiosity, and creativity, and hope to continue infusing this in our services, product and people as we progress through hyper-growth.
● 2018 EY Entrepreneur Of The Year National finalist, Eastern Region (Jordan O'Reily, Co-founder & CEO)
● 2017 Winner Westpac Businesses of Tomorrow (Hireup)
● #1 Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2017 (Hireup)
● The Queen’s Young Leaders Award - 2017 (Jordan O'Reily, Co-founder & CEO)
● Westpac Social Change Fellowship - 2017 (Jordan O'Reily, Co-founder & CEO)
● Laureate Global Fellowship recipient - Youth Action Net 2016 (Jordan O'Reily, Co-founder & CEO)
● Myer Innovation Fellowship recipient 2015/16 (Jordan O'Reily, Co-founder & CEO)
● Young Australian of the Year - NSW Finalist 2015 (Jordan O'Reily, Co-founder & CEO)
● NSW Young Carer of the Year 2011 (Jordan O'Reily, Co-founder & CEO)